The Campaign for UC Davis
The Campaign for UC Davis — the university’s first comprehensive fundraising campaign — set out to inspire 100,000 donors to contribute $1 billion to advance UC Davis’ excellence in education, scholarship and service. The university met its goal on Nov.15, 2013, more than a year ahead of schedule. The campaign concluded on May 31, 2014, with more than $1.13 billion raised from nearly 110,000 donors. Conducted during one of the worst economic downturns since the Great Depression, this tremendous success is a testament to the visionary generosity of UC Davis’ global network of supporters and reaffirmed our standing as one of the finest institutions of higher education in the world.
During the campaign, which started in July 2006, donors directed:
- $162.5 million for student support, creating 1,498 scholarships, fellowships and awards for students
- $521 million for faculty and student research and instruction
- $114.4 million for university infrastructure, which helped improve more than 200 buildings, labs, classrooms, and gardens at UC Davis and its facilities in Sacramento, Tahoe and Bodega Bay
- $52.6 million for endowed faculty, which brings our total of endowed positions to 163 — nearly double the amount before the campaign
- $234.7 million for world-class programs and unparalleled patient care
- $45.1 million for emerging opportunities across the university
We invite you to enjoy stories highlighting the transformative impact of the campaign’s success and its spectacular conclusion on May 31, 2014. The entire UC Davis community is deeply thankful to everyone who contributed to the campaign.
One Campaign. One Hundred Stories
The Campaign for UC Davis’ 100,000th donor believes that many individuals pulling together can make a big difference.
John Chuck, ‘89, M.D., supports UC Davis because he wants to give current and future generations of Californians the same opportunities that he had.
Darryl ’83 and Lois ’85 Goss believe that greatness comes from stretching to achieve excellence in all that you do—and having the right kind of support to stretch.
Infusing beauty into all aspects of life has been an enduring quest for Margrit Mondavi.
- 11.21.2014 — UC Davis awarded $100 million to lead program to predict and prevent pandemic threats
- 11.14.2014 — Alumna makes major donation for classroom and recital hall
- 11.4.2014 — UC Davis honors seven distinguished alumni and friends